1. No purchase necessary to participate. Official ballots can be found weekly in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser (Monday - Wednesday). Photocopies of this ballot will not be accepted. You may also obtain a ballot by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Star-Advertiser office: Football Fever Ballot Request – 500 Ala Moana Boulevard, 7-500, Honolulu 96813 (or request in person). Only (1) ballot per person, per day allowed in person.
2. To qualify to win, your ballot must have as many or more correct picks than the winning panelist (Football Fever Panelist Picks found in the Star-Advertiser every Friday). A game that ends in a tie will count as a win for either team selected. Games that are cancelled, moved, or rescheduled, at any time, for any reason, will be voided from the week’s ballot. Weekly winners will be determined by a random drawing of all qualified entries received. Winners will be contacted. No phone calls please. The previous week’s winner will be announced in the Star-Advertiser on Sundays.
3. The weekly prize is $500 cash. At the end of the promotion, one grand prize winner will win a Big Green Egg Kamado Grill (value: $1,010) - drawn randomly from all ballots received throughout the promotion.
4. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by the Friday before each week’s games are played. Cut and paste to a postcard. NO ENVELOPES ACCEPTED. Mail your ballot to: Football Fever, 500 Ala Moana Boulevard, 7-500, Honolulu, HI 96813. The deadline for dropping off ballots at the Star-Advertiser office (office location above) is 5 PM every Friday. The deadline for dropping off ballots at the Star-Advertiser printing press, 4545 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei 96707, is 5 PM every Friday. No exceptions. The deadline for dropping off ballots at select Oahu CVS/Longs Drugs (Longs Pharmacy Stores not included) is 4 PM on the Thursday before each game is played.
5. You must be a Hawaii resident 21 years or older with a valid I.D. to participate and win.
6. Employees (and their immediate families) of Oahu Publications, Inc. and all participating sponsors are not eligible to participate.
7. Prize(s) are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions will be made. Oahu Publications, Inc. and all participating sponsors will not be liable for lost or stolen prizes.
8. Winners must be responsible for all taxes applicable to the total value of the prize(s) received. Winners will provide their Social Security Number and complete/submit an IRS Form W-9 for tax filing. An IRS Form 1099 showing the fair market value of the prize(s) may be issued to the federal government for tax reporting purposes.
9. Winners authorize the Star-Advertiser to use their name and likeness for promotional ads at no additional compensation. Contest entrants authorize OPI use of email address for future specials and promotions.